Army Chief takes stock of Central Command`s preparedness
Lucknow: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Monday visited the Central Command Headquarters here and took stock of the operational preparedness of the force.
The Chief of the Army Staff interacted with senior officers and reviewed training and logistic aspects in the Command theatre, officials said.
GOC-in-C, Central Command, Lt Gen Anil Chait briefed the Army Chief about the operational preparedness of the Command.
Speaking to select officers, the COAS emphasised the need to carry forward the core values of the Indian Army like honesty, sincerity and dedication.
During his visit to the veterans` cell, he praised the efforts of the Central Command for launching an ex-servicemen helpline and DESH SEVA programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional