Army Chief takes stock of Central Command`s preparedness
Lucknow: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Monday visited the Central Command Headquarters here and took stock of the operational preparedness of the force.
The Chief of the Army Staff interacted with senior officers and reviewed training and logistic aspects in the Command theatre, officials said.
GOC-in-C, Central Command, Lt Gen Anil Chait briefed the Army Chief about the operational preparedness of the Command.
Speaking to select officers, the COAS emphasised the need to carry forward the core values of the Indian Army like honesty, sincerity and dedication.
During his visit to the veterans` cell, he praised the efforts of the Central Command for launching an ex-servicemen helpline and DESH SEVA programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’