Army Chief takes stock of Central Command`s preparedness
Lucknow: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Monday visited the Central Command Headquarters here and took stock of the operational preparedness of the force.
The Chief of the Army Staff interacted with senior officers and reviewed training and logistic aspects in the Command theatre, officials said.
GOC-in-C, Central Command, Lt Gen Anil Chait briefed the Army Chief about the operational preparedness of the Command.
Speaking to select officers, the COAS emphasised the need to carry forward the core values of the Indian Army like honesty, sincerity and dedication.
During his visit to the veterans` cell, he praised the efforts of the Central Command for launching an ex-servicemen helpline and DESH SEVA programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list