Army Chief to review mounted parade by 61 cavalry
Jaipur: Army Chief General Bikram Singh will review the mounted parade organised by the 61 cavalry regiment here on September 23.
This is the first visit of Singh to the regiment, the only Horsed Cavalry Regiment of the Army, since taking over, according to Defence Spokesperson SD Goswami.
The regiment will parade in walk, trot and gallop, in formations of eight, four and twelve. The training discipline and horsemanship of both horse and rider will be exhibited in a precise and synchronized military display.
The parade will salute major General KJS Thind, GOC of 61 Sub Area and South Western Army Commander Lt Gen Gyan Bhushan before the arrival of Chief of Army Staff and Colonel of the Regiment.
Visual display of colour of military pageantry will be witnessed by officers, JCOs and soldiers of Jaipur Military Stations, NCC cadets, school children and a number of civil dignitaries.
61 Cavalry celebrates September 23 every year as "Haifa Day" to commemorate the heroic cavalry charge against the Turks on the same day in, 1918 at Haifa (Palestine) during the First World War by the 15th Imperial Cavalry Brigade.
The brigade consisted of Indian State Forces Cavalry units of Jodhpur, Mysore, Hyderabad and Patiala Landers.
The regiment has accredited itself with distinction in operational, ceremonial and sporting tasks. It has the unique distinction of being awarded one Padam Shree and ten Arjuna awards for excellence in sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends