Army Chief`s veiled attack on Lt Gen Suhag
New Delhi: In his parting shot, outgoing Army Chief Gen V K Singh on Thursday made a veiled attack on Lt Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag, who is tipped to head the force in 2014, saying he was "alarmed" that allegations of fake encounter were not investigated.
Gen VK Singh, who has already put Lt Gen Suhag`s promotion on hold in connection with a failed intelligence operation in Assam last year, referred to the alleged fake encounter of March 2010 in his last interaction with media.
"See when something is written to me, I forward it to the headquarters concerned. They had asked headquarters 3 Corps to investigate. So far as I know, investigations have not been done and that is one of the issues, we are seriously looking at," Gen VK Singh said.
Asked if he was alarmed by developments in this regard, he said, "Obviously, everyone is concerned that such a thing should happen and investigation doesn`t take place. You will hear more about it when the new chain starts taking actions on this."
Lt Gen Suhag`s promotion as Eastern Army Commander has already been put on hold by Gen V K Singh as he had brought him under a discipline and vigilance ban.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times