Army contingent may be sent to Daulat Beg Oldi
New Delhi: India is likely to send an army contingent to Daulat Beg Oldi area in Ladakh amid the failure of the flag meeting Tuesday to end the impasse on the incursion issue with the Chinese side refusing to leave, claiming it to be a part of their territory.
The meeting was held by brigadier-level officers from both the sides in Spanggur Gap in the Chusul sector and India asked the Chinese side to withdraw from DBO and revert to the status quo.
Sources here said the meeting failed to produce any result as the Chinese side refused to move out from the location.
The Chinese side maintained that the area where they have set up tented posts is part of their territory, they said.
Sources also said that India may ask for more such meetings to resolve the issue and avoid any escalation in the situation.
The meeting lasted for more than three hours and details of the agreed position of the Line of Actual Control was shared by both the sides.
Transgressions in the Ladakh sector have taken place earlier also due to differences in perception of the LAC. The Defence Ministry had earlier also maintained that the LAC is not properly demarcated in some areas.
Indian Army had earlier sent a team of Ladakh Scouts- an infantry regiment specialising in mountain warfare- to the DBO sector, manned by the troops of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)- soon after the intrusion was discovered.
Additional troops may be deployed in the area if the situation does not de-escalate and Chinese troops do not go back to their old position, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi