Army contingent may be sent to Daulat Beg Oldi
New Delhi: India is likely to send an army contingent to Daulat Beg Oldi area in Ladakh amid the failure of the flag meeting Tuesday to end the impasse on the incursion issue with the Chinese side refusing to leave, claiming it to be a part of their territory.
The meeting was held by brigadier-level officers from both the sides in Spanggur Gap in the Chusul sector and India asked the Chinese side to withdraw from DBO and revert to the status quo.
Sources here said the meeting failed to produce any result as the Chinese side refused to move out from the location.
The Chinese side maintained that the area where they have set up tented posts is part of their territory, they said.
Sources also said that India may ask for more such meetings to resolve the issue and avoid any escalation in the situation.
The meeting lasted for more than three hours and details of the agreed position of the Line of Actual Control was shared by both the sides.
Transgressions in the Ladakh sector have taken place earlier also due to differences in perception of the LAC. The Defence Ministry had earlier also maintained that the LAC is not properly demarcated in some areas.
Indian Army had earlier sent a team of Ladakh Scouts- an infantry regiment specialising in mountain warfare- to the DBO sector, manned by the troops of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)- soon after the intrusion was discovered.
Additional troops may be deployed in the area if the situation does not de-escalate and Chinese troops do not go back to their old position, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing