Army foils infiltration bid in J&K, five militants killed
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Five militants were killed on Saturday as the Indian Army foiled an infiltration bid in Jammu and Kashmir.
The militants were attempting to infiltrate from across the Line of Control in Tangdhar sector in Kupwara district on the intervening night of August 30 and 31.
The infiltrators were challenged by the troops leading to a gunfight between the two sides.
Army troops have launched a search operation in the area to ensure no militant sneaked out.
"So far, five militants have been killed. The combing operation is in progress in the area as there were reports that the group comprised six militants," an Army official said.
The elimination of the infiltrators comes a day after security forces killed five top foreign militants of Hizbul Mujahideen, including district commander Qari Assadullah, in Kangan area of central Kashmir Ganderbal district.
Infiltration attempts by militants from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir have increased over the past three months and more than 20 ultras have been killed during operations along the LoC.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?