Army foils infiltration bid in J&K, five militants killed
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Five militants were killed on Saturday as the Indian Army foiled an infiltration bid in Jammu and Kashmir.
The militants were attempting to infiltrate from across the Line of Control in Tangdhar sector in Kupwara district on the intervening night of August 30 and 31.
The infiltrators were challenged by the troops leading to a gunfight between the two sides.
Army troops have launched a search operation in the area to ensure no militant sneaked out.
"So far, five militants have been killed. The combing operation is in progress in the area as there were reports that the group comprised six militants," an Army official said.
The elimination of the infiltrators comes a day after security forces killed five top foreign militants of Hizbul Mujahideen, including district commander Qari Assadullah, in Kangan area of central Kashmir Ganderbal district.
Infiltration attempts by militants from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir have increased over the past three months and more than 20 ultras have been killed during operations along the LoC.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray