Army foils infiltration bid; one soldier killed
Srinagar, Army foiled a major infiltration bid by militants from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) into Gurez sector of Jammu and Kashmir during which one soldier was killed.
"A major infiltration attempt by militants to enter the Valley in Baktoor area of the Gurez sector was foiled last night. The infiltrators retreated back into PoK," defence spokesman Lt Colonel J S Brar told to a news agency
He said an army jawan, Rifleman Chandra Singh, was killed in the brief exchange of firing between the infiltrators and the soldiers.
Lt Col Brar said the militants were trying to infiltrate in two groups of five persons each at 500 metres distance from each other.
"One pistol and a grenade left behind by the militants have been recovered from the spot of incident," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals