Army has occupied over 15,000 acres of land in Kargil
Jammu: Army has occupied over 15,000 acres of land in Kargil district of Jammu and Kashmir, the Legislative Council was informed on Wednesday.
The total land under the occupation of Army is nearly 15,800 acres which includes both private and state land, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said in a written reply to a question.
Cases of both the state and private land have already been taken up with Defence Estates Officer, Leh, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police