Army inquiry against Colonel on molestation charge
New Delhi: The Army has convened a court of
inquiry (COI) against a Colonel, who has been accused of
molesting a woman at a casino in Sikkim capital Gangtok, while
on a visit there as part of his higher command course.
"The COI has been convened only yesterday. The orders for
the COI were issued about a week ago by the 17 Mountain
Division General Officer Commanding (GOC)," a senior officer
in the Army headquarters here said.
The Division, with headquarters in Gangtok, had
administrative control over Colonel Sandeep Singh, who faces
the COI, for initiating the disciplinary action.
The Colonel, in the first week of December, was alleged to
have misbehaved with a woman at the Sikkim Casino and he was
allegedly in an inebriated state at that time.
He was accompanied to the casino by two other Colonel and
his course batch mates. "The other two Colonels have been
named as a witness in the case," the senior officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar