Army Jawan among two killed in three blasts in J&K
Jammu: Two persons, including an Army jawan
were killed and a BSF jawan injured in three separate blasts
in Jammu, Samba and Rajouri districts of Jammu and Kashmir.
Havaldar Sardar Singh of 19 Raj Rifles was repairing a
cooler in Arms Maintenance room in an army camp in Kharian
area, when some explosive device blasted, police said.
The jawan died on way to hospital, they said, adding that
a case has been registered in this regard.
A Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) team has visited the
spot today and collected the explosive sample, Station House
officer (SHO) Miran Sahib, Suinil Jasrotia said.
"A blast took place due to some explosive material, what
it was, will be known soon," he said.
In a separate incident, one youth was killed when he was
hit by splinters of a mortar explosion during a firing
practice by BSF troops in Kanara Garhi firing range in
Noushera belt of Rajouri district, Army officials said.
He was identified as Mohinder Singh.
The youth had gone to collect some copper spread over the
firing range area due to the explosions of mortars and rocket
fired by jawans during practice, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley