Army Jawan among two killed in three blasts in J&K
Jammu: Two persons, including an Army jawan
were killed and a BSF jawan injured in three separate blasts
in Jammu, Samba and Rajouri districts of Jammu and Kashmir.
Havaldar Sardar Singh of 19 Raj Rifles was repairing a
cooler in Arms Maintenance room in an army camp in Kharian
area, when some explosive device blasted, police said.
The jawan died on way to hospital, they said, adding that
a case has been registered in this regard.
A Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) team has visited the
spot today and collected the explosive sample, Station House
officer (SHO) Miran Sahib, Suinil Jasrotia said.
"A blast took place due to some explosive material, what
it was, will be known soon," he said.
In a separate incident, one youth was killed when he was
hit by splinters of a mortar explosion during a firing
practice by BSF troops in Kanara Garhi firing range in
Noushera belt of Rajouri district, Army officials said.
He was identified as Mohinder Singh.
The youth had gone to collect some copper spread over the
firing range area due to the explosions of mortars and rocket
fired by jawans during practice, they said.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Chewbacca is not just a Star Wars character's name anymore!
- PM Modi should spend a day each in drought-hit places: Shiv Sena
- Dozen laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Pakistan has received Letters Rogatory in Pathankot case: Minister
- Interlinking rivers only solution to drought: Government