Army Jawan among two killed in three blasts in J&K
Jammu: Two persons, including an Army jawan
were killed and a BSF jawan injured in three separate blasts
in Jammu, Samba and Rajouri districts of Jammu and Kashmir.
Havaldar Sardar Singh of 19 Raj Rifles was repairing a
cooler in Arms Maintenance room in an army camp in Kharian
area, when some explosive device blasted, police said.
The jawan died on way to hospital, they said, adding that
a case has been registered in this regard.
A Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) team has visited the
spot today and collected the explosive sample, Station House
officer (SHO) Miran Sahib, Suinil Jasrotia said.
"A blast took place due to some explosive material, what
it was, will be known soon," he said.
In a separate incident, one youth was killed when he was
hit by splinters of a mortar explosion during a firing
practice by BSF troops in Kanara Garhi firing range in
Noushera belt of Rajouri district, Army officials said.
He was identified as Mohinder Singh.
The youth had gone to collect some copper spread over the
firing range area due to the explosions of mortars and rocket
fired by jawans during practice, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?