Army jawan injured in IED blast near LoC
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: An Army jawan was injured on Tuesday in an IED blast near the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
The IED blast, second in two days, took place in Poonch district.
On Monday also, two Army porters were wounded in an IED blast, triggered by suspected militants, along the LoC in Poonch district.
Pakistani troops had also fired at Indian soldiers while they were trying to evacuate the porters.
Targeting Army`s civilian porters, ultras detonated an IED while they were carrying supplies from one Army post to another in Sabzian-Mandi belt along the LoC at around 8 am, an Army officer said.
Two porters were wounded, one of them critically, and a pony was killed in the blast, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event