Army jawan injured in IED blast near LoC
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: An Army jawan was injured on Tuesday in an IED blast near the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
The IED blast, second in two days, took place in Poonch district.
On Monday also, two Army porters were wounded in an IED blast, triggered by suspected militants, along the LoC in Poonch district.
Pakistani troops had also fired at Indian soldiers while they were trying to evacuate the porters.
Targeting Army`s civilian porters, ultras detonated an IED while they were carrying supplies from one Army post to another in Sabzian-Mandi belt along the LoC at around 8 am, an Army officer said.
Two porters were wounded, one of them critically, and a pony was killed in the blast, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Rio Olympics fallout: OP Jaisha alleges official apathy, AFI refutes charge
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year