`Army jawans committed to make supreme sacrifice`
Pune: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh Tuesday said personnel in uniform had a non-negotiable commitment of making the supreme sacrifice in the line of duty "whenever the opportunity arises".
"The basic components of the Army will always be its men/women and they need to be led by worthy leaders, who are committed and honest to the core," he said.
"Army personnel are committed to make the supreme sacrifice in the line of duty whenever the opportunity arises," the Chief of Army Staff said.
He was delivering a talk on `Leadership Challenges` at the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) here and his comments came in the backdrop of the tension along the LoC and killing of five Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops.
General Singh said the foundation of leadership is built on the core values of integrity, loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, courage and honour.
"There are skills like interpersonal, tactical and conceptual which make a leader relevant and worthy. These values and skills when combined make a complete leader," he said’
The Army Chief added that a leader must be disciplined and constantly evolve to keep himself relevant.
Lt Gen Ashok Singh, GOC-in-C, Southern Command briefed the General Singh on the operational preparedness of the Southern Command, a defence release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand