`Army jawans committed to make supreme sacrifice`
Pune: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh Tuesday said personnel in uniform had a non-negotiable commitment of making the supreme sacrifice in the line of duty "whenever the opportunity arises".
"The basic components of the Army will always be its men/women and they need to be led by worthy leaders, who are committed and honest to the core," he said.
"Army personnel are committed to make the supreme sacrifice in the line of duty whenever the opportunity arises," the Chief of Army Staff said.
He was delivering a talk on `Leadership Challenges` at the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) here and his comments came in the backdrop of the tension along the LoC and killing of five Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops.
General Singh said the foundation of leadership is built on the core values of integrity, loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, courage and honour.
"There are skills like interpersonal, tactical and conceptual which make a leader relevant and worthy. These values and skills when combined make a complete leader," he said’
The Army Chief added that a leader must be disciplined and constantly evolve to keep himself relevant.
Lt Gen Ashok Singh, GOC-in-C, Southern Command briefed the General Singh on the operational preparedness of the Southern Command, a defence release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security