Army jawans, farmers not safe under Congress: Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Nagpur: Raising the poll pitch ahead of upcoming General Elections in the second most crucial state Maharashtra, Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Thursday launched a scathing attack on the Congress saying that jawans and farmers are not safe under its rule.
Addressing a rally in Wardha region, the Gujarat Chief Minister raked Lal Baadur Shastri`s legacy and said that the former prime minister awakened the nation with `Jai jawan Jai kisan` mantra, and made the country self dependent on food grains, but sadly due to Congress` non-governance, the nation was ruined. He added, “the farmers have played an important role in the development of the country.”
Attacking the Congress, Modi said the ruling party hasn`t done much for the farmers and it`s time to get rid of those those who keep giving packages after every crisis, but the relief doesn’t reach the needy.
The BJP strongman raised the issue of the Army jawan`s beheading case and said that there is no point in talking to a government if soldiers were not safe.
Trying to corner the Congress, Modi touched on the issue of farmers suicide in the region. “We have great potential for agriculture but the farmer is dying,” Modi asserted.
Taking on NCP boss Sharad Pawar at his homeland, the BJP`s PM candidate said that the Union Agriculture Minister should answer as to why a ban was placed on the cotton export when the harvest was good and global demand was on the higher side and our farmers were getting good prices.
Raising the rhetoric against the Congress, Modi exhorted, “Neither do they understand the nation nor do they know the path to take India ahead, they only want to win elections.”
Trying to get the support of the farmers in the region, Modi said the BJP is committed to transforming agriculture sector, increase farmers` income and purchasing power of people living in villages.
Mocking the Congress, the Gujarat CM said, “We talk of changing fortunes of farmers but they say stop Modi, We say stop corruption and price rise they say stop Modi.”
Modi urged the people to vote for the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance and reject both the Congress and NCP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?