Army Major, Captain accused of torturing a jawan
New Delhi: An Army Major and a Captain are facing allegations of "torturing" a jawan and threatening his life in Arunachal Pradesh and his family has filed a police case against them.
Archana Jha, wife of Sepoy Santosh Kumar, has alleged that her husband was "beaten up" by the two officers of his unit 15 Mahar on May 26 and then "made to stand naked in cold water before the whole unit."
Santosh`s father Laxmikant Jha has lodged an FIR against the two officers at Dirang in Arunachal Pradesh besides writing letters to Defence Minister AK Antony, Defence Secretary Pradeep Kumar and Bharti Singh, wife of Army Chief Gen VK Singh, levelling allegations of "torture".
When contacted, Army Headquarters here said the "case is being looked into" but did not elaborate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!