Army Major, Captain accused of torturing a jawan
New Delhi: An Army Major and a Captain are facing allegations of "torturing" a jawan and threatening his life in Arunachal Pradesh and his family has filed a police case against them.
Archana Jha, wife of Sepoy Santosh Kumar, has alleged that her husband was "beaten up" by the two officers of his unit 15 Mahar on May 26 and then "made to stand naked in cold water before the whole unit."
Santosh`s father Laxmikant Jha has lodged an FIR against the two officers at Dirang in Arunachal Pradesh besides writing letters to Defence Minister AK Antony, Defence Secretary Pradeep Kumar and Bharti Singh, wife of Army Chief Gen VK Singh, levelling allegations of "torture".
When contacted, Army Headquarters here said the "case is being looked into" but did not elaborate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years