Army Major, Captain accused of torturing a jawan
New Delhi: An Army Major and a Captain are facing allegations of "torturing" a jawan and threatening his life in Arunachal Pradesh and his family has filed a police case against them.
Archana Jha, wife of Sepoy Santosh Kumar, has alleged that her husband was "beaten up" by the two officers of his unit 15 Mahar on May 26 and then "made to stand naked in cold water before the whole unit."
Santosh`s father Laxmikant Jha has lodged an FIR against the two officers at Dirang in Arunachal Pradesh besides writing letters to Defence Minister AK Antony, Defence Secretary Pradeep Kumar and Bharti Singh, wife of Army Chief Gen VK Singh, levelling allegations of "torture".
When contacted, Army Headquarters here said the "case is being looked into" but did not elaborate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'