Army Major, Captain accused of torturing a jawan
New Delhi: An Army Major and a Captain are facing allegations of "torturing" a jawan and threatening his life in Arunachal Pradesh and his family has filed a police case against them.
Archana Jha, wife of Sepoy Santosh Kumar, has alleged that her husband was "beaten up" by the two officers of his unit 15 Mahar on May 26 and then "made to stand naked in cold water before the whole unit."
Santosh`s father Laxmikant Jha has lodged an FIR against the two officers at Dirang in Arunachal Pradesh besides writing letters to Defence Minister AK Antony, Defence Secretary Pradeep Kumar and Bharti Singh, wife of Army Chief Gen VK Singh, levelling allegations of "torture".
When contacted, Army Headquarters here said the "case is being looked into" but did not elaborate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister