Army Major remanded to police custody till June 24
Mumbai: An Army Major arrested by the CBI in
an alleged graft case was today remanded to police custody
till June 24.
The accused Major Dipendra Bhushan was arrested yesterday
by the anti-corruption wing of CBI for allegedly demanding
Rs 50,000 as bribe from a candidate who wanted a job in the
Bhushan, a doctor at the army recruitment office in
Colaba, was caught red-handed accepting Rs 10,000 from the
candidate to issue a medical certificate that would get him a
job of a soldier (technical), CBI said.
The CBI officials laid a trap after the candidate filed a
complaint. Bhushan was arrested along with his driver Bharat
Oram while accepting the bribe amount.
According to CBI, the duo has admitted to receiving
illegal gratification from several other candidates who wanted
to clear the medical examination for a job in the army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested