Army Major remanded to police custody till June 24
Mumbai: An Army Major arrested by the CBI in
an alleged graft case was today remanded to police custody
till June 24.
The accused Major Dipendra Bhushan was arrested yesterday
by the anti-corruption wing of CBI for allegedly demanding
Rs 50,000 as bribe from a candidate who wanted a job in the
Bhushan, a doctor at the army recruitment office in
Colaba, was caught red-handed accepting Rs 10,000 from the
candidate to issue a medical certificate that would get him a
job of a soldier (technical), CBI said.
The CBI officials laid a trap after the candidate filed a
complaint. Bhushan was arrested along with his driver Bharat
Oram while accepting the bribe amount.
According to CBI, the duo has admitted to receiving
illegal gratification from several other candidates who wanted
to clear the medical examination for a job in the army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’