Army man, uncle held for spying by ATS in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: An army man and his relative have
been arrested in Kutch district by the Gujarat anti terrorist
squad (ATS) on charges of spying and passing on Indian Army`s
confidential documents to Pakistan-based intelligence
agencies, ATS officials said on Thursday.
Ibrahim Sama, recruited through the Military Engineering
Service (MES), and his maternal uncle Osmaan Sama were
arrested yesterday from Bhuj in Kutch, which has borders with
Pakistan, on charges of spying and criminal conspiracy to
disturb internal security, they said.
Confidential and sensitive documents of the Indian Army
and some phone numbers of their Pakistani contacts, were
recovered during searches conducted in the duo`s houses, the
Both were produced before a local court in Bhuj, which
sent them to nine-day police custody for further
interrogation, they added.
The officials said that the ATS had received a tip-off
that Sama used to get secret and confidential documents from
the Army as he had an access to its base in Bhuj.
He used to send the confidential documents to his uncle
Osmaan of Nana Dinara village in Bhuj, with the objective to
pass it on to Pakistani intelligence agencies, they said.
Both have been booked under various sections of Official
Secrets Act of illegal possession of confidential Army
documents, and section 120 B (criminal conspiracy) of the
Indian Penal Code (IPC), the ATS officials said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today