Army Manual to inject efficiency in unit functioning
New Delhi: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Tuesday released a manual for unit commanders in the force to provide guidance in command of a unit and enable Commanding Officers and junior leaders bring in efficiency in their functioning.
"The Army Chief released the Unit Commander’s Manual on Army Day today to provide a comprehensive framework in creating a culture of quiet efficiency in unit functioning and dynamism and excellence in unit and sub-unit ethos," Army said in a release.
"It encompasses all aspects relating to training, motivation, leadership development, regimental institutes and social activities. It focuses on inculcating tenets of `Josh, Tezi, Sidhai and Tehzeeb` (dynamism, agility, straightforwardness and culture) amongst all ranks which are essential prerequisites for mission accomplishment," it said.
The Army Chief indicated that the manual provides guidance in command of a unit and enables the COs and junior leaders in establishing dynamism and excellence in the unit functioning.
In his speech on the Army Day, Gen Singh underlined that units of all arms and service are building blocks and cutting edge of the force and "it is on these units that the edifice of the Indian Army rests."
"The operational readiness and effectiveness of the Indian Army is directly related to their standard of training, motivation and morale," he said.
The publication has been prepared by the Army Training Command under the guidelines of the COAS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what