Army officer found dead in Delhi, probe ordered
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Army has ordered a probe into the mysterious death of a serving Major General in Delhi, official sources said on Saturday.
Rajpal Singh, additional director-general of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) in Bihar and Jharkhand, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in his Dwarka home in south-west Delhi yesterday, police said.
A police team, along with senior officials, visited the spot to ascertain the cause of death.
Singh was posted in Patna and had apparently come to Delhi on leave, said a senior police officer.
The Army will hold a Court of Inquest to find out the reasons for his death and after that, if required, a Court of Inquiry will also be held.
After the Court of Inquest is held, the Army can proceed with providing financial benefits to the family of the officer, Army official said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH