Army officer found dead in Delhi, probe ordered
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Army has ordered a probe into the mysterious death of a serving Major General in Delhi, official sources said on Saturday.
Rajpal Singh, additional director-general of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) in Bihar and Jharkhand, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in his Dwarka home in south-west Delhi yesterday, police said.
A police team, along with senior officials, visited the spot to ascertain the cause of death.
Singh was posted in Patna and had apparently come to Delhi on leave, said a senior police officer.
The Army will hold a Court of Inquest to find out the reasons for his death and after that, if required, a Court of Inquiry will also be held.
After the Court of Inquest is held, the Army can proceed with providing financial benefits to the family of the officer, Army official said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday