Army officer found dead in Delhi, probe ordered
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Army has ordered a probe into the mysterious death of a serving Major General in Delhi, official sources said on Saturday.
Rajpal Singh, additional director-general of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) in Bihar and Jharkhand, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in his Dwarka home in south-west Delhi yesterday, police said.
A police team, along with senior officials, visited the spot to ascertain the cause of death.
Singh was posted in Patna and had apparently come to Delhi on leave, said a senior police officer.
The Army will hold a Court of Inquest to find out the reasons for his death and after that, if required, a Court of Inquiry will also be held.
After the Court of Inquest is held, the Army can proceed with providing financial benefits to the family of the officer, Army official said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city