Army officer found dead in Delhi, probe ordered
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Army has ordered a probe into the mysterious death of a serving Major General in Delhi, official sources said on Saturday.
Rajpal Singh, additional director-general of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) in Bihar and Jharkhand, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in his Dwarka home in south-west Delhi yesterday, police said.
A police team, along with senior officials, visited the spot to ascertain the cause of death.
Singh was posted in Patna and had apparently come to Delhi on leave, said a senior police officer.
The Army will hold a Court of Inquest to find out the reasons for his death and after that, if required, a Court of Inquiry will also be held.
After the Court of Inquest is held, the Army can proceed with providing financial benefits to the family of the officer, Army official said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed