Army officer found dead in Delhi, probe ordered
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Army has ordered a probe into the mysterious death of a serving Major General in Delhi, official sources said on Saturday.
Rajpal Singh, additional director-general of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) in Bihar and Jharkhand, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in his Dwarka home in south-west Delhi yesterday, police said.
A police team, along with senior officials, visited the spot to ascertain the cause of death.
Singh was posted in Patna and had apparently come to Delhi on leave, said a senior police officer.
The Army will hold a Court of Inquest to find out the reasons for his death and after that, if required, a Court of Inquiry will also be held.
After the Court of Inquest is held, the Army can proceed with providing financial benefits to the family of the officer, Army official said.
(With PTI inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know