Army officer held for child pornography
Mumbai: An Army officer has been arrested
here for allegedly uploading obscene pictures of children on
Lt Colonel Jagmohan Balbir Singh, arrested yesterday
and booked on pornography charges, was today produced before a
local court which sent him to police custody till May 12.
Acting on a report submitted by German police to the
Interpol last September which stated the transmission of
child pornography videos on a server, the international police
body traced the server to India after which a report was
submitted to the CBI in Delhi in March 2010.
The CBI then directed the Mumbai Crime Branch to
further investigate the matter. Following the investigations,
the Internet Protocol (IP) address was traced to Singh, who
was working with the Army`s Supply and Transport wing in
Colaba, South Mumbai.
The police said they sought Singh`s custody to find
out if he has any international accomplices or has uploaded
the videos on other sites.
Singh`s computer and hard disks were seized and
pornographic videos of children, aged between 3 to 10 years,
have been recovered, the police informed the court.
His lawyer Milind Sawant, however, argued that his
client`s custody was not required as the police have already
seized the required evidence.
"Singh is a serving Army officer and a respectable man
and would not abscond and fully cooperate with the police,"
Singh has been booked under Section 67(B) (child
pornography) of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi