Army officers of India, Pak to discuss terrorism: Khurshid
Farukhabad (UP): Stating that war was not a solution to any problem, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid has said Army officers of both India and Pakistan will meet to discuss the issue of terrorism.
"For keeping a check on terrorism, Army officers of both India and Pakistan will talk. War is not a solution to any problem," Khurshid told reporters here yesterday.
Describing the recent talks between India`s Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif as positive, Khurshid said the latter had proposed a joint team of Indian and Pakistani officials to tackle issue of intrusion across the Line of Control.
"Our Prime Minister during the talks said that the Army of both the countries could only tell and exchange inputs on real situation on the LOC to which Sharif agreed," he said.
Khurshid said that Sharif himself appeared uncomfortable over the terrorist activities and wanted good relations with India but some elements from Pakistan were proving hurdle in this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown