Army personnel and a SULFA activist killed
Guwahati: Two persons - an army personnel
and surrendered ULFA (SULFA) activist were killed in an
encounter in Assam`s Tinsukia district today.
The encounter took place when the army acting on a
tip-off that five ULFA militants along with the SULFA activist
had taken shelter in a house at Kalpathar village launched an
operation in the village, the police said.
Three of the militants fled before the army arrived at
In the fierce encounter that followed the SULFA
activist and an army jawan were killed, while the other two
ULFA militants made good their escape during it.
The SULFA activist was identified as one who had
surrendered in 2007 but had maintained close relations with
the outfit and was responsible for several kidnappings by the
ULFA during the last few months in and around Tinsukia.
The slain army jawan was identified as Naik Dayal
Singh, the police said.
Later, an AK-56 rifle, two magazines and 24 rounds of
ammunitions were recovered from the encounter site.
Combing operation is on in the area to apprehend the
militants who fled, the police added.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success