Army personnel to get VAT exemption on vehicle purchase
Lucknow: Army personnel will get
exemption from Value Added Tax (VAT) on purchase of two-
wheelers and light motor vehicles from CSD canteens in the
state, official sources said here on Wedensday.
"A notification to give exemption to Army personnel on
purchase of vehicles from canteens was issued by the Tax
and Registration department yesterday," they said.
As per the notification, exemption in VAT would be
limited to sale of 3,000 motorcycles, scooters and mopeds and
1,200 four-wheelers every year, they said adding that serving
personnel of Indian Army, other security establishments and
ex-servicemen will get the benefit of tax exemption.
This tax exemption will, however, result in Rs 7.29
crore annual revenue loss to the state government, official
The notification also stated that Army personnel
willing to avail tax exemption will be required to get an
authority letter from the commanding officer.
Besides, an officer will not be allowed to transfer a
vehicle to any person other than spouse, ward, serving or
retired Armyman for a period of 10 years.
This condition will be mentioned on the registration
certificate of the vehicle.
At present 12.5 per cent VAT and one per cent
additional tax is being charged on vehicles.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers