Army prepared for all challenges: Lt Gen Ghosh
Jammu: Expressing confidence that the Army
was prepared to meet all kinds of challenges, a top Army
general on Wednesday said that the troops would execute assigned
tasks in a manner "befitting the aspirations of the nation".
"The Army is prepared for all challenges, and troops
deployed here would execute the assigned tasks in a manner
befitting the aspiration of the nation," said General Officer
Commanding-in-Chief, Western Command, Lt Gen SR Ghosh.
He was speaking at an interaction with the troops
of Tiger Division which looks after the strategic Jammu sector
along the Indo-Pak border.
Lt Gen Ghosh lauded the state for its "operational
preparedness" and expressed confidence that the troops
deployed in the state were prepared for "all challenges".
The Army commander, who arrived here yesterday, visited
the Tiger Division headquarters and was briefed by Maj Gen
Surinder Singh, GOC Tiger Division, on operational, training
and administrative matters.
He also visited forward areas and interacted with troops
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report