Army reviews ops preparedness along LAC
Jammu: The Indian Army`s Northern Command chief Monday reviewed the operational preparedness of the troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China and the Actual Ground Position Line (AGPL) with Pakistan on the Siachen glacier, known as the highest battleground in the world.
Lt. Gen. K.T. Parnaik is on two-day visit to the strategically crucial Ladakh region, where India shares its borders with China, Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and the AGPL at the Siachen glacier.
"The army commander reviewed the operation preparedness on the borders, measures being undertaken to maintain vigilance and sanctity of the Actual Ground Position Line and the Line of Actual Control," a Northern Command spokesman said in a release issued from its headquarters in Udhampur Monday afternoon.
Parnaik was also given a detailed briefing on the situation in eastern Ladakh - the border with China.
"The army commander gave explicit instructions to all ranks to maintain strict vigil and ensure that the sanctity of the border is not violated at any time," the spokesman said.
"I am aware of the tough conditions in which you perform your duty with dedication and professionalism. Despite all difficulties, it is commendable that you have maintained full operational readiness and high morale," Parnaik was quoted as saying.
The army commander was briefed on infrastructure development in the area by the chief engineer of Project Himank.
Modernisation and infrastructure development is the top priority for the government of India and the army, Parnaik said later.
The army commander will visit forward posts on the Siachen Glacier on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video