Army reviews ops preparedness along LAC
Jammu: The Indian Army`s Northern Command chief Monday reviewed the operational preparedness of the troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China and the Actual Ground Position Line (AGPL) with Pakistan on the Siachen glacier, known as the highest battleground in the world.
Lt. Gen. K.T. Parnaik is on two-day visit to the strategically crucial Ladakh region, where India shares its borders with China, Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and the AGPL at the Siachen glacier.
"The army commander reviewed the operation preparedness on the borders, measures being undertaken to maintain vigilance and sanctity of the Actual Ground Position Line and the Line of Actual Control," a Northern Command spokesman said in a release issued from its headquarters in Udhampur Monday afternoon.
Parnaik was also given a detailed briefing on the situation in eastern Ladakh - the border with China.
"The army commander gave explicit instructions to all ranks to maintain strict vigil and ensure that the sanctity of the border is not violated at any time," the spokesman said.
"I am aware of the tough conditions in which you perform your duty with dedication and professionalism. Despite all difficulties, it is commendable that you have maintained full operational readiness and high morale," Parnaik was quoted as saying.
The army commander was briefed on infrastructure development in the area by the chief engineer of Project Himank.
Modernisation and infrastructure development is the top priority for the government of India and the army, Parnaik said later.
The army commander will visit forward posts on the Siachen Glacier on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared