Army reviews ops preparedness along LAC
Jammu: The Indian Army`s Northern Command chief Monday reviewed the operational preparedness of the troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China and the Actual Ground Position Line (AGPL) with Pakistan on the Siachen glacier, known as the highest battleground in the world.
Lt. Gen. K.T. Parnaik is on two-day visit to the strategically crucial Ladakh region, where India shares its borders with China, Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and the AGPL at the Siachen glacier.
"The army commander reviewed the operation preparedness on the borders, measures being undertaken to maintain vigilance and sanctity of the Actual Ground Position Line and the Line of Actual Control," a Northern Command spokesman said in a release issued from its headquarters in Udhampur Monday afternoon.
Parnaik was also given a detailed briefing on the situation in eastern Ladakh - the border with China.
"The army commander gave explicit instructions to all ranks to maintain strict vigil and ensure that the sanctity of the border is not violated at any time," the spokesman said.
"I am aware of the tough conditions in which you perform your duty with dedication and professionalism. Despite all difficulties, it is commendable that you have maintained full operational readiness and high morale," Parnaik was quoted as saying.
The army commander was briefed on infrastructure development in the area by the chief engineer of Project Himank.
Modernisation and infrastructure development is the top priority for the government of India and the army, Parnaik said later.
The army commander will visit forward posts on the Siachen Glacier on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price