Army says ex-NSG commando Naik Surender Singh got his dues
New Delhi: The Indian Army said on Thursday that claims by former National Security Guard (NSG) commando Naik Surender Singh of not receiving bulk of his dues was not correct.
According to CNN-IBN, the Ministry of Defence in a press release said that Surender Singh had received bulk of his dues and had been paid Provident Fund of Rs 6.48 lakh, group insurance of Rs 1.18 lakh and disability pension of Rs 10 lakh.
In addition to this Surender would also receive the final statement of accounts of Rs 89,000 and commutation of Rs 9 lakh in a month. Singh`s monthly pension has also gone up Rs 25,000 because of his disability, as per the press release.
The Ministry added that the former commando did not write to AG office or the Army Chief`s office regarding his grievances.
"Nk Surender Singh has been sanctioned pensionary and terminal benefits viz-a-viz retirement gratuity Rs 2,11,458/-, Commutation of pension Rs 11,35,809/-, Armed Forces PF Rs 6,48,195/-, Army Group Insurance Rs 1,13,849/- and Army Group Disability Cover Rs 10 lakhs, Final settlement of accounts Rs 89,705/- and ex-gratia from welfare fund Rs 10,000/-. He is also entitled to an ex-gratia compensation of Rs 9 lakhs for 100 per cent disability which will be processed separately. He has been sanctioned a pension of Rs.25,254/- per month which includes service elements and war injury elements," the press release said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended