Army says ex-NSG commando Naik Surender Singh got his dues
New Delhi: The Indian Army said on Thursday that claims by former National Security Guard (NSG) commando Naik Surender Singh of not receiving bulk of his dues was not correct.
According to CNN-IBN, the Ministry of Defence in a press release said that Surender Singh had received bulk of his dues and had been paid Provident Fund of Rs 6.48 lakh, group insurance of Rs 1.18 lakh and disability pension of Rs 10 lakh.
In addition to this Surender would also receive the final statement of accounts of Rs 89,000 and commutation of Rs 9 lakh in a month. Singh`s monthly pension has also gone up Rs 25,000 because of his disability, as per the press release.
The Ministry added that the former commando did not write to AG office or the Army Chief`s office regarding his grievances.
"Nk Surender Singh has been sanctioned pensionary and terminal benefits viz-a-viz retirement gratuity Rs 2,11,458/-, Commutation of pension Rs 11,35,809/-, Armed Forces PF Rs 6,48,195/-, Army Group Insurance Rs 1,13,849/- and Army Group Disability Cover Rs 10 lakhs, Final settlement of accounts Rs 89,705/- and ex-gratia from welfare fund Rs 10,000/-. He is also entitled to an ex-gratia compensation of Rs 9 lakhs for 100 per cent disability which will be processed separately. He has been sanctioned a pension of Rs.25,254/- per month which includes service elements and war injury elements," the press release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day