Army sensitive to ex-servicemen needs: General Bikram Singh
Jaipur: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Sunday said the Army is sensitive to the needs of ex-servicemen and will ensure that their issues are addressed.
Gen Singh, addressing a rally of ex-servicemen in Rajasthan`s Jhunjhunu district, said the Army would take all steps to ensure that ex-servicemen and their families are cared for.
This was his first major interaction with ex-servicemen in the state during which approximately 15,000 ex-servicemen were present, according to defence spokesperson S D Goswami.
The Army Chief said a military school would be opened in Jhunjhunu and he would pursue it from Delhi, sources present in the function said.
He said whenever he visits the prime minister, he reminds him about canteen, medical and health problems and one-rank- one-pension for ex-servicemen, the sources said.
On the occasion, the Army Chief recollected the glorious history of courage and sacrifices made by the people of the state and motivated youth to join the Armed forces.
He exhorted the gathering to continue their selfless service towards society and nation building by encouraging the youth to join this noble profession.
The event was marked by distribution of Mobility Scooters to disabled soldiers, financial grant for education and daughter`s marriage and felicitation of Veer Naris and elderly ex-servicemen.
Different agencies from the Army, state government and private sector established stalls to render assistance and spread awareness on pension, health, education, banking, insurance, agriculture, placement, rehabilitation and recruitment to resolve concerns of ex-servicemen.
Singh`s wife and president of AWWA (Army Wives Welfare Association), Bubbles Singh, inaugurated a medical camp with doctors, including specialists, carrying out medical checkups, rendering advice and distributing medicines to large number of veterans on the occasion.
In Jhunjhunu, the Army Chief and the AWWA president were received by Army Commander Lt Gen Gyan Bhushan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city