Army takes steps to check summer infiltration
Jammu: The Indian Army has stepped up vigil along the Line of Control (LoC) with Pakistan and also mobilised additional troops to thwart infiltration attempts, an Army officer said on Friday.
"This is a part of our summer posturing," a senior army officer told a news agency on condition of anonymity.
Refusing to divulge details about the mobilisation, he said: "All I can say is (that) the number is adequate."
The Army has decided to put its anti-infiltration mechanism in place early this year because of thin snow and early infiltration bids. It, otherwise, used to be done in April-May.
There have been 62 infiltration attempts in 2010 so far. In 2009, 485 infiltration bids were made, military officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars