Army takes steps to check summer infiltration
Jammu: The Indian Army has stepped up vigil along the Line of Control (LoC) with Pakistan and also mobilised additional troops to thwart infiltration attempts, an Army officer said on Friday.
"This is a part of our summer posturing," a senior army officer told a news agency on condition of anonymity.
Refusing to divulge details about the mobilisation, he said: "All I can say is (that) the number is adequate."
The Army has decided to put its anti-infiltration mechanism in place early this year because of thin snow and early infiltration bids. It, otherwise, used to be done in April-May.
There have been 62 infiltration attempts in 2010 so far. In 2009, 485 infiltration bids were made, military officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan