Army takes steps to check summer infiltration
Jammu: The Indian Army has stepped up vigil along the Line of Control (LoC) with Pakistan and also mobilised additional troops to thwart infiltration attempts, an Army officer said on Friday.
"This is a part of our summer posturing," a senior army officer told a news agency on condition of anonymity.
Refusing to divulge details about the mobilisation, he said: "All I can say is (that) the number is adequate."
The Army has decided to put its anti-infiltration mechanism in place early this year because of thin snow and early infiltration bids. It, otherwise, used to be done in April-May.
There have been 62 infiltration attempts in 2010 so far. In 2009, 485 infiltration bids were made, military officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you