Army takes steps to check summer infiltration
Jammu: The Indian Army has stepped up vigil along the Line of Control (LoC) with Pakistan and also mobilised additional troops to thwart infiltration attempts, an Army officer said on Friday.
"This is a part of our summer posturing," a senior army officer told a news agency on condition of anonymity.
Refusing to divulge details about the mobilisation, he said: "All I can say is (that) the number is adequate."
The Army has decided to put its anti-infiltration mechanism in place early this year because of thin snow and early infiltration bids. It, otherwise, used to be done in April-May.
There have been 62 infiltration attempts in 2010 so far. In 2009, 485 infiltration bids were made, military officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!