Army takes steps to check summer infiltration
Jammu: The Indian Army has stepped up vigil along the Line of Control (LoC) with Pakistan and also mobilised additional troops to thwart infiltration attempts, an Army officer said on Friday.
"This is a part of our summer posturing," a senior army officer told a news agency on condition of anonymity.
Refusing to divulge details about the mobilisation, he said: "All I can say is (that) the number is adequate."
The Army has decided to put its anti-infiltration mechanism in place early this year because of thin snow and early infiltration bids. It, otherwise, used to be done in April-May.
There have been 62 infiltration attempts in 2010 so far. In 2009, 485 infiltration bids were made, military officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today