Army to analyse Tribunal verdict on Kargil war officer
New Delhi: With the Armed Forces Tribunal indicting a top officer for falsifying Kargil war reports and showing bias towards a brigadier, the Army on Thursday said it will
take action on the issue after analysing the verdict.
"We have not yet received the copy of Tribunal`s judgement. Once we get it, it will be analysed and appropriate action would be taken," a senior Army officer told a news agency here.
The Principal Bench of the Tribunal, in its verdict,
has held that Lt Gen (retd) Kishan Pal, former 15 Corps
General Officer Commanding (GOC) showed bias against Brigadier
Devinder Singh, former 70 Infantry Brigade Commander and
belittled his achievements in the war besides falsifying
accounts of battles during the Kargil operations.
The Tribunal has directed that the affected officer
be considered for a notional promotion to the rank of a major
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves