Army to analyse Tribunal verdict on Kargil war officer
New Delhi: With the Armed Forces Tribunal indicting a top officer for falsifying Kargil war reports and showing bias towards a brigadier, the Army on Thursday said it will
take action on the issue after analysing the verdict.
"We have not yet received the copy of Tribunal`s judgement. Once we get it, it will be analysed and appropriate action would be taken," a senior Army officer told a news agency here.
The Principal Bench of the Tribunal, in its verdict,
has held that Lt Gen (retd) Kishan Pal, former 15 Corps
General Officer Commanding (GOC) showed bias against Brigadier
Devinder Singh, former 70 Infantry Brigade Commander and
belittled his achievements in the war besides falsifying
accounts of battles during the Kargil operations.
The Tribunal has directed that the affected officer
be considered for a notional promotion to the rank of a major
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest