Army to analyse Tribunal verdict on Kargil war officer
New Delhi: With the Armed Forces Tribunal indicting a top officer for falsifying Kargil war reports and showing bias towards a brigadier, the Army on Thursday said it will
take action on the issue after analysing the verdict.
"We have not yet received the copy of Tribunal`s judgement. Once we get it, it will be analysed and appropriate action would be taken," a senior Army officer told a news agency here.
The Principal Bench of the Tribunal, in its verdict,
has held that Lt Gen (retd) Kishan Pal, former 15 Corps
General Officer Commanding (GOC) showed bias against Brigadier
Devinder Singh, former 70 Infantry Brigade Commander and
belittled his achievements in the war besides falsifying
accounts of battles during the Kargil operations.
The Tribunal has directed that the affected officer
be considered for a notional promotion to the rank of a major
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...