Army to analyse Tribunal verdict on Kargil war officer
New Delhi: With the Armed Forces Tribunal indicting a top officer for falsifying Kargil war reports and showing bias towards a brigadier, the Army on Thursday said it will
take action on the issue after analysing the verdict.
"We have not yet received the copy of Tribunal`s judgement. Once we get it, it will be analysed and appropriate action would be taken," a senior Army officer told a news agency here.
The Principal Bench of the Tribunal, in its verdict,
has held that Lt Gen (retd) Kishan Pal, former 15 Corps
General Officer Commanding (GOC) showed bias against Brigadier
Devinder Singh, former 70 Infantry Brigade Commander and
belittled his achievements in the war besides falsifying
accounts of battles during the Kargil operations.
The Tribunal has directed that the affected officer
be considered for a notional promotion to the rank of a major
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what