Army to hold largest exercise `Shoorveer` in Rajas
New Delhi: Army will deploy more than 200
tanks and over 20,000 troops in border state of Rajasthan for
one of its biggest-ever war games - Shoorveer - involving its
elite 1 Strike Corps and 10 Corps under the Jaipur-based South
The war game comes a few months after the Indian army held
exercise `Sudarshan Shakti` in Pokharan to validate its new
battle-fighting concepts developed after the transformation
studies carried under Gen V K Singh.
"The Army will be conducting an exercise in Rajasthan from
March to May 2012.
"All formations and units under the South Western Command
will participate to validate doctrines in a joint service
environment," Army spokesperson Colonel Jagdeep Dahiya said
The exercise will be held in deserts of Bikaner and Shri
Ganganagar districts in Rajasthan.
"The exercise will be based on the Integrated Theatre
Battle Concept and will be one of the largest maneuvers
conducted so far.
"It will enable the army to validate its war fighting
concepts while working towards a `capability based approach`
relying on a series of transformational initiatives, concepts,
organizational structures and absorption of new age
technology," he said.
The Western and South Western Commands of the Indian Air
Force are also likely to deploy their frontline aircraft
including the Su-30MKI, Mirage 2000, Jaguars and the AWACs for
"The joint synergy will be enhanced by the active
participation of the IAF with the air assets of the Army and
the Air Force being employed in an integrated manner," Dahiya
"Battlefield transparency and operational plans based on
real-time situational awareness will be enhanced using
intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) inputs
from Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, radars and satellites," he
The troop and equipment mobilisation for the exercise has
already begun and "this will be followed by training at Unit
and Formation level and finally culminate into large scale
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands