Armyman tests positive for swine flu in Assam
Guwahati: An Army jawan tested positive
for swine flu in Assam on Tuesday, the second confirmed case of flu
in the state.
Nayak Raj Kumar Sinha had complained of swine flu
symptoms and his samples sent for testing to the Indian
Council of Medical Research at Lahowal in Dibrugarh which
came out positive, Regional Director of Union Ministry of
Health Parthajyoti Gogoi said.
51-year old Sinha is currently being treated at the
isolation ward of Army Base Hospital at Bashistha here.
Earlier, 21-year old Dheeraj Yadav had tested positive
and was undergoing treatment at the Mahendra Mohan Choudhury
Hospital here where his condition was stated to be stable.
Assam`s Joint Director of Health Services Dr G P Sarma
said the state health department had so far sent 43 samples
Three more cases in Kashmir
Meanwhile, three students have tested
positive for swine flu in the Kashmir Valley, taking the total
number of viral cases in the state to 12.
Three of the 11 samples sent yesterday for tests were
found positive, health department officials said today.
The three students hailing from Srinagar had returned
from outside the state recently, in-charge flu section,
Kashmir, Dr Bashir Ahmed said.
With the three testing positive, the total number of
swine flu cases in Jammu and Kashmir has gone up to 12 - five in
Jammu and seven in Kashmir Valley.
In Jammu, two positive cases were reported from the
same house, where the first swine flu case of an MBA girl
student, who had returned from Pune was reported.
Today, eight more tests have been sent from Jammu and
Srinagar health departments to NICD. Reports of 41 cases are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre