Army`s Northern Command celebrates Raising Day
Jammu: The Northern Command of the Indian Army, popularly known as `Dhruva` Command, on Sunday celebrated its Raising Day.
Raised after the Indo-Pak war of 1971, it has the responsibility of guarding the nation`s borders with both Pakistan and China.
Northern Command Chief Lt Gen KT Parnaik exhorted troops to continue maintaining the standards through professionalism, dedication and devotion to duty on the 41st anniversary of the Command.
The `Dhruva` Command has lived up to the faith reposed on it by the Nation, be it combating Pakistan sponsored terrorism or the Kargil intrusion in 1999 and in doing this, many Officers, JCO and OR of the Command have sacrificed their lives.
Deployed in extremely inhospitable and hazardous conditions, which includes Siachen, troops of the `Dhruva` Command continue to draw inspiration from the saga of bravery and sacrifice of their predecessors.
The Raising Day celebrations were conducted in a befitting manner, commencing with a solemn ceremony at the `Dhruva` War Memorial where Lt Gen KT Parnaik paid homage by laying a wreath as a mark of respect to the martyrs.
Other functions which marked this celebration included a breathtaking performance by the Army Motorcycle team, aptly called the `Dare Devils`, a dog show where the canines demonstrated their proficiency in army related tasks and a melodious rendition by the Army Symphonic Orchestra.
In his `Special Order of the Day`, Lt Gen Parnaik extended his good wishes to all ranks and their families. Complimenting the rank and file of the Command for demonstrating extra ordinary endurance, stead fastness, self sacrifice and an exemplary sense of duty during counter terrorist operations with a `people friendly` approach.
He exhorted them to continue maintaining the exalted standards through professionalism, dedication and devotion to duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued