Arrangements for Amarnath Yatra reviewed
Srinagar: The arrangements for the Amarnath
Yatra which is slated to commence on June 29 were reviewed by
the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) on Wednesday.
SASB Chief Executive Officer R K Goyal, Surinder Mohan
Aggarwal, President, Baba Amarnath and Buda Amarnath Yatri
Niyas (BAYN) and Karan Singh Charak, General Secretary of the
Niyas performed a `pooja` at Panjtarni on the Chandanwari-Holy
Cave track, a spokesman of the SASB said.
An agreement was reached between SASB and BAYN to perform
`pooja` to avert any confrontation as the Niyas had threatened
to start the Yatra two weeks ahead of the dates specified by
Goyal and members of the BAYN flew to the spot from
Srinagar in a helicopter and performed the `pooja` on the
banks of Panjtarni amidst chanting of Vedic mantras, the
The CEO of the Shrine Board also reviewed the ongoing
Yatra-related works at the Panjtarni camp which are
progressing satisfactorily, he said.
Goyal issued instructions to all concerned to ensure
that all the arrangements need to be positioned on ground as
per the envisaged time lines, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000