Arrangements for Amarnath Yatra reviewed
Srinagar: The arrangements for the Amarnath
Yatra which is slated to commence on June 29 were reviewed by
the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) on Wednesday.
SASB Chief Executive Officer R K Goyal, Surinder Mohan
Aggarwal, President, Baba Amarnath and Buda Amarnath Yatri
Niyas (BAYN) and Karan Singh Charak, General Secretary of the
Niyas performed a `pooja` at Panjtarni on the Chandanwari-Holy
Cave track, a spokesman of the SASB said.
An agreement was reached between SASB and BAYN to perform
`pooja` to avert any confrontation as the Niyas had threatened
to start the Yatra two weeks ahead of the dates specified by
Goyal and members of the BAYN flew to the spot from
Srinagar in a helicopter and performed the `pooja` on the
banks of Panjtarni amidst chanting of Vedic mantras, the
The CEO of the Shrine Board also reviewed the ongoing
Yatra-related works at the Panjtarni camp which are
progressing satisfactorily, he said.
Goyal issued instructions to all concerned to ensure
that all the arrangements need to be positioned on ground as
per the envisaged time lines, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends