Arrest identified Jnaneswari culprits: CBI to CID
Kolkata: The CBI has requested the West Bengal
CID to arrest those identified as culprits in the Jnaneswari
Express attack, DGP Bhupinder Singh said.
"CBI has given requisition to the CID for the arrest of
some people known to be involved in the Jnaneswari Express
incident. The CID will try to make the arrests and hand them
over to the CBI," he told reporters.
While declining to name those wanted by the CBI, the DGP
said these people had been earlier identified by the CID also
as those involved in the incident, but could not be arrested.
The CID has already arrested four persons in connection
with the Jnaneswari Express attack.
In reply to a question, Singh said while investigating the
case, CBI has also sought assistance from state police in
matters of security, logistics and administration.
On reports of Maoists killing a deranged person in Jhargram
on suspicion of his being a police informer, the DGP said the
victim neither belonged to the state police nor to the CID.
Stating that anti-Maoist operations by joint forces were
continuing in Junglemahal, the forested area of three
adjoining districts, he said about 14 landmines have been
recovered from Salboni, Madhupur and Lalgarh areas in the last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj