Arrest Maria again: Grover parents
Mumbai: Parents of TV executive Neeraj
Grover, who was murdered by a defence personnel three years
ago, today said actress Maria Susairaj was equally guilty of
the killing and the trial court should have convicted her for
murder and conspiracy rather than giving a lighter sentence.
Grover`s parents, Amarnath (60) and Neelam (54), who were
in the city to meet high police officials, told reporters that
Maria, who was awarded a light sentence of three years for
destroying evidence, should be re-arrested and tried for
murder and conspiracy.
As the police is preparing to file an appeal in the
Bombay High Court against the Sessions court verdict, Grover`s
parents met Additional Police Commissioner (Crime) Deven
Bharti and urged him to put up a strong review petition so
that Maria should be tried for murder and conspiracy.
Neeraj was killed and his body hacked to pieces and
dumped in Manor forest in adjoining Thane district on May 7,
On June 30 this year, Maria was awarded a maximum three
years` imprisonment for destroying evidence while her
boyfriend and former Navy officer Emile Jerome got a 10-year
jail term for the brutal killing of Grover.
As Maria had already undergone three years in jail during
the trial, she was let off soon after the verdict.
"We have made our own observations after going through
the verdict copy in detail. The judge and public prosecutor
have ignored various misleading and contradictory statements
given by Maria and Jerome. Maria was equally guilty of the
crime," Amarnath told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch