Arrest Maria again: Grover parents
Mumbai: Parents of TV executive Neeraj
Grover, who was murdered by a defence personnel three years
ago, today said actress Maria Susairaj was equally guilty of
the killing and the trial court should have convicted her for
murder and conspiracy rather than giving a lighter sentence.
Grover`s parents, Amarnath (60) and Neelam (54), who were
in the city to meet high police officials, told reporters that
Maria, who was awarded a light sentence of three years for
destroying evidence, should be re-arrested and tried for
murder and conspiracy.
As the police is preparing to file an appeal in the
Bombay High Court against the Sessions court verdict, Grover`s
parents met Additional Police Commissioner (Crime) Deven
Bharti and urged him to put up a strong review petition so
that Maria should be tried for murder and conspiracy.
Neeraj was killed and his body hacked to pieces and
dumped in Manor forest in adjoining Thane district on May 7,
On June 30 this year, Maria was awarded a maximum three
years` imprisonment for destroying evidence while her
boyfriend and former Navy officer Emile Jerome got a 10-year
jail term for the brutal killing of Grover.
As Maria had already undergone three years in jail during
the trial, she was let off soon after the verdict.
"We have made our own observations after going through
the verdict copy in detail. The judge and public prosecutor
have ignored various misleading and contradictory statements
given by Maria and Jerome. Maria was equally guilty of the
crime," Amarnath told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars