Arrest of Fai long overdue: Home Secretary
Thimphu: India, Saturday, said the arrest of Kashmiri separatist leader Ghulam Nabi Fai in the US was long overdue as there has been suspicion for a long time that he
was getting funds from Pakistani agencies.
"Yes, his (Fai) arrest was long overdue," Union Home Secretary RK Singh told a news agency when asked about the arrest of the US-based chief of a Kashmir advocacy group in America.
"Because we had fair degree of suspicion that the
money he used to get was given by the agencies in Pakistan,"
Singh is in Thimphu to attend the 4th meeting of the
SAARC Interior/ Home Ministers.
Fai was arrested by the FBI on Tuesday for illegally
lobbying for Pakistan and its spy agency to influence US
policy on Kashmir. Reports also suggested that Fai made
donations to US Congressmen and presidential candidates, and
organised conferences and seminars to reflect the viewpoint of
Pakistan on Kashmir.
Earlier, India had refused to comment on Fai`s arrest,
saying "facts speaks for themselves".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt