Arrest order against Sushma, Chouhan quashed
Sehore: A Sessions court in Nasrullaganj town of the district on Friday quashed the lower court order against Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma
Swaraj, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan and two others in the National Flag dishonour case.
The lower court`s order was quashed by the Additional
District and Sessions Judge (ADJ) Vijay Malviya after hearing
a revision petition filed by lawyer of Swaraj and others.
An arrest warrant was issued by the Judicial Magistrate
First Class (JMFC) Zafar Iqbal Ahmed on November 17 against
the BJP leaders and two others for allegedly dishonouring
National Flag during a programme in the district following a
petition filed by a Congress leader.
Soon after the warrant was issued, a revision petition
was filed in the ADJ`s court which stayed the execution of the
lower court`s order.
Today after hearing the arguments of the defence
advocate, Rajesh Parashar, the court quashed the entire order
of the JMFC.
A complaint of dishonouring of National Flag was filed
against Swaraj, Chouhan, Sehore`s then Collector Sandeep
Yadav and one more person by the Congress leader Dwarka Prasad
Jat following which the JMFC issued arrest warrant against
them and directed them to appear in his court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS