‘Arrogant’ govt should talk to Anna: Anupam Kher
New Delhi: Bollywood actor Anupam Kher on Thursday extended support to Anna Hazare and his team members who are fasting at Jantar Mantar for a SIT probe against 15 cabinet ministers, who they claim are corrupt.
Kher reached the venue along with his wife Kirron on Thursday morning and straight away went to the dais to appeal to Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai to end their fast. While Anna’s fast entered fifth day, the rest are on the ninth day of fast.
Addressing the gathering, Kher said, “This not the game of TRP, this is our fight, for our future generations…Sone ki Chidiya, Doodh ki Gangaye is now only in fables.”
“We will get freedom from corruption but no one would be allowed to die. We will not allow them (pointing to Anna and others), to die,” he added.
Slamming the government for not taking the initiative to engage in discussion with Team Anna, Kher said, “No one is enquiring about their health…so much arrogance? It is regrettable.”
Goading the government to take a step forward, he further said, “Don’t agree to their demands, at least enquire about their well being.”
Fearing forcible hospitalisation of fasting activists,
scores of Team Anna supporters kept vigil throughout the night at the Jantar Mantar protest venue.
The intervening night of August one and two saw around 300 supporters camping at the site and keeping a watch on every step of police personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing