Articles used as evidence in 26/11 trial may be on display
Mumbai: If Mumbai police have their way, the
articles used as evidence during the Mumbai terror attack
trial would be kept on display in a museum.
There are plans to display some of the articles used by
the terrorists in the Police Museum inside the premises of
City Police Headquarters in south Mumbai, Joint Police
Commissioner (Crime) Himanshu Roy told a news agency.
If decided, necessary permission for doing so would be
sought, he said.
According to the police, the move would remind them of
courage of their colleagues who fought the terrorists on
November 26, 2008.
Police sources said the articles which would be displayed
include GPS devices, Nokia mobile handsets, satellite phones,
blankets, towels, jackets, haver sacks, head phones, water
bottle, dinghy, Yamaha engine, toothbrushes, detergent powder,
tissue paper, AK 47 and pistols.
The museum provides a fascinating insight into the
history of the Mumbai police. Besides original firearms and
uniforms used by the city police, it also focuses on the
evolution of the force.
Meanwhile, discussion to dispose of 24 kgs of RDX
recovered from the target spots of the 26/11 terror attack is
on, sources added.
Bringing the curtains down on one of the fastest trials
in a terror case, Pakistani gunman Ajmal Amir Kasab was
yesterday sentenced to death for the 26/11 Mumbai attacks in
which 166 people were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic