Arun Chaudhary is new SSB DG
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Arun Choudhary has been appointed the chief of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) which guards India`s border with Nepal and Bhutan.
Choudhary, a 1977-batch officer of Bihar cadre, is now serving as the Special Director General (Airports) in CISF at its headquarters here.
He will hold the top SSB post till April 2014 when he is due for retirement.
The post of SSB DG was being held in additional capacity by CRPF chief Pranay Sahay for more than a fortnight.
Choudhary has served in various capacities in Bihar and also had a stint in the Intelligence Bureau (IB) where he looked after various assignments including the important Jammu and Kashmir desk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi