Arun Chaudhary is new SSB DG
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Arun Choudhary has been appointed the chief of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) which guards India`s border with Nepal and Bhutan.
Choudhary, a 1977-batch officer of Bihar cadre, is now serving as the Special Director General (Airports) in CISF at its headquarters here.
He will hold the top SSB post till April 2014 when he is due for retirement.
The post of SSB DG was being held in additional capacity by CRPF chief Pranay Sahay for more than a fortnight.
Choudhary has served in various capacities in Bihar and also had a stint in the Intelligence Bureau (IB) where he looked after various assignments including the important Jammu and Kashmir desk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Gold price to zoom to Rs 33,500 levels by 2016-end: Experts
- Don't panic, British economic fundamentals are strong: Business Secretary
- Monetary committee rules to be notified in few weeks: Economic Affairs Secretary
- Lucky escape for Goa mayor, six others as boat capsizes
- Land grab accused Asha Kumari appointed AICC in-charge of Punjab, triggers row