Arun Chaudhary is new SSB DG
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Arun Choudhary has been appointed the chief of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) which guards India`s border with Nepal and Bhutan.
Choudhary, a 1977-batch officer of Bihar cadre, is now serving as the Special Director General (Airports) in CISF at its headquarters here.
He will hold the top SSB post till April 2014 when he is due for retirement.
The post of SSB DG was being held in additional capacity by CRPF chief Pranay Sahay for more than a fortnight.
Choudhary has served in various capacities in Bihar and also had a stint in the Intelligence Bureau (IB) where he looked after various assignments including the important Jammu and Kashmir desk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list