Arun Chaudhary is new SSB DG
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Arun Choudhary has been appointed the chief of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) which guards India`s border with Nepal and Bhutan.
Choudhary, a 1977-batch officer of Bihar cadre, is now serving as the Special Director General (Airports) in CISF at its headquarters here.
He will hold the top SSB post till April 2014 when he is due for retirement.
The post of SSB DG was being held in additional capacity by CRPF chief Pranay Sahay for more than a fortnight.
Choudhary has served in various capacities in Bihar and also had a stint in the Intelligence Bureau (IB) where he looked after various assignments including the important Jammu and Kashmir desk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply