Arun Govil of Ramayan fame meets Kejriwal
New Delhi: Arun Govil, well known for playing Lord Rama in Ramanand Sagar`s hit TV series Ramayan, on Thursday met Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal at his office in Delhi Secretariat, sparking speculation that he may join AAP.
As Govil reached the Delhi Secretariat in morning to meet the Chief Minister at his office, media swarmed him and posed a volley of questions.
However, Govil said he had come for a personal reason.
The actor said that he has no plan to join politics and he had come to invite Kejriwal to attend a `samagam` to be held at Ramlila Maidan tomorrow.
"I have no plans to join politics. Had I wanted to join, I would have joined twenty years ago. I have come to meet Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and invite him to attend a samagam of Sadgurudev ji to be held at Ramlila Maidan tomorrow," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant