Arun Govil of Ramayan fame meets Kejriwal
New Delhi: Arun Govil, well known for playing Lord Rama in Ramanand Sagar`s hit TV series Ramayan, on Thursday met Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal at his office in Delhi Secretariat, sparking speculation that he may join AAP.
As Govil reached the Delhi Secretariat in morning to meet the Chief Minister at his office, media swarmed him and posed a volley of questions.
However, Govil said he had come for a personal reason.
The actor said that he has no plan to join politics and he had come to invite Kejriwal to attend a `samagam` to be held at Ramlila Maidan tomorrow.
"I have no plans to join politics. Had I wanted to join, I would have joined twenty years ago. I have come to meet Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and invite him to attend a samagam of Sadgurudev ji to be held at Ramlila Maidan tomorrow," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends