Arun Jaitley agrees to integrated package for border areas in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has agreed to an integrated package to usher in holistic development in the border areas of Arunachal Pradesh, an official release said here Wednesday.
The offer comes in the wake of Arunachal Chief Minister Nabam Tuki`s appeal for a special impetus for the development of border areas in the state to check urban migration, a press release from the Chief minister`s office (CMO) said.
Jaitley, who also holding the Defence and Corporate Affairs portfolio, conveyed the message to Tuki when he met him in New Delhi yesterday, the release said.
The chief minister has laid special emphasis on boosting connectivity and the enhancement of administrative and basic essential services in the border areas, the release said.
The Finance Minister assured the CM that he would take up the border roads development issue with Border Roads Organisation (BRO) to expedite the completion of various projects.
The Finance minister also said that he would take measures to connect the 10 unconnected administrative centres to expand the scope of public delivery services in the state, the release said.
While discussing the fiscal condition of the state, Jaitley assured all possible help from his side with respect to the release of pending TFC (Thirteenth Finance Commission) funds and other financial support due to the state.
In accordance with the PM`s positive response regarding the matter of a separate window of domestic funding in lieu of projects funded by external agencies like ADB and World Bank, the minister assured to resolve the matter on priority to compensate the state, the release added.
It said Jaitley would visit Arunachal Pradesh along with the Chief of Army Staff after the Parliament session.
The union minister would also visit Tawang to inaugurate the National Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports (NIMAS) at Dirang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar