Arun Jaitley calls for greater coordination between party, govt
New Delhi: Addressing a meeting of BJP spokespersons and television panelists, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday called for greater coordination between the party and the government to ensure that information about various central schemes reaches the people quickly.
The BJP leader asked party spokespersons to ensure that the government`s recent efforts with regard to taming of inflation and price rise, and checking hoarding of food items are propagated properly in the media and that these should reach the common man.
The BJP leaders discussed the issues of inflation and fiscal deficit in the wake of burgeoning oil prices due to the ongoing Iraq crisis.
BJP sources said that the spokespersons and TV panelists were told to highlight the steps taken to counter price rise and check hoarding of food items.
The spokespersons were told that the Centre had released 50 MT of rice and steps had been taken to ensure that rice is not exported and is used for domestic consumption only.
The states have also been asked by the central government to act against hoarding of food items.
The spokespersons were informed that the Centre had asked the Delhi government to procure onions directly from Nasik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened