Arun Jaitley calls for greater coordination between party, govt
New Delhi: Addressing a meeting of BJP spokespersons and television panelists, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday called for greater coordination between the party and the government to ensure that information about various central schemes reaches the people quickly.
The BJP leader asked party spokespersons to ensure that the government`s recent efforts with regard to taming of inflation and price rise, and checking hoarding of food items are propagated properly in the media and that these should reach the common man.
The BJP leaders discussed the issues of inflation and fiscal deficit in the wake of burgeoning oil prices due to the ongoing Iraq crisis.
BJP sources said that the spokespersons and TV panelists were told to highlight the steps taken to counter price rise and check hoarding of food items.
The spokespersons were told that the Centre had released 50 MT of rice and steps had been taken to ensure that rice is not exported and is used for domestic consumption only.
The states have also been asked by the central government to act against hoarding of food items.
The spokespersons were informed that the Centre had asked the Delhi government to procure onions directly from Nasik.
- Mario Miranda’s 90th birthday: Google honours cartoonist with an illustrative doodle!
- Planning to go trekking? Head to Uttarakhand – Here’s something new
- Arvind Kejriwal to visit Uttar Pradesh today
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?
- Indian Premier League 9: More trouble for Rising Pune Supergiants as in-form Steve Smith flies back home due to wrist injury