Arun Jaitley CDR case: Constable seeks bail
New Delhi: Delhi Police constable Arvind Dabas, arrested on charge of attempting to get call details of BJP leader Arun Jaitley, has sought bail from a Delhi court claiming he was falsely implicated in the case due to "personal animosities" in the department.
The bail plea was moved before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Prakash who issued notice to the Delhi Police seeking its reply on March 02.
Dabas` counsel Naushad Ahmad Khan contended that his client has been a "dutiful constable" and his "impeccable record speaks of his character”. He claimed the accused has been falsely implicated in the present case with the connivance of Special Cell (of Delhi Police).
"The FIR has been filed due to personal animosities within the department and the case has been foisted deliberately with intent to subdue him and he has become the victim of the system," the counsel contended while seeking bail for the constable.
32-year-old Dabas, who was arrested on February 14, has been booked for criminal conspiracy and cheating under the Indian Penal Code and also under section 66 of Information and Technology Act (for hacking the computer).
The counsel also claimed that police have not recovered any incriminating material connecting him to the case.
Dabas also told the court that his wife is paralytic and due to his implication in the case, her health has worsened. Also there is no one else to take care of their two minor children and therefore, his bail plea should be considered from a humanitarian angle.
Dabas was the first accused to be arrested in the case. Besides him, three private detectives -- Neeraj, Nitish and Anurag, are also accused in the case. All four are in judicial custody till March 06.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH