Arun Jaitley commends security agencies for arresting IM terrorists
Amritsar: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley, who is contesting from Amritsar, on Monday commended the Indian security agencies for arresting Indian Mujahideen terrorists.
Indian security agencies had yesterday arrested IM terrorists, including a Pakistani national, and busted a Rajasthan-based module which had planned to attack senior leaders during the elections.
"I compliment our security agencies who were involved in this process. India`s internal security has been of key concern to all, particularly to the BJP," he told reporters here after opening of the BJP`s media center.
"India cannot afford to lower its guard. The threat comes from groups across the border which are supported by both State and non-State actors," Jaitley said.
Meanwhile, in his blog, Jaitley said "within the Kashmir valley, our approach has to be guided by twin considerations of no concession to the separatists and the sense of concern and compassion of the average Kashmiri".
"Their quality of life has to be improved and the areas where they feel harassed will have to be addressed," he said.
"In a fight against separatism, the people of Kashmir valley should be our important allies. Issues of their alienation will have to be addressed without compromising on the basic tenets of our ideology," Jaitley said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees