Arun Jaitley commends security agencies for arresting IM terrorists
Amritsar: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley, who is contesting from Amritsar, on Monday commended the Indian security agencies for arresting Indian Mujahideen terrorists.
Indian security agencies had yesterday arrested IM terrorists, including a Pakistani national, and busted a Rajasthan-based module which had planned to attack senior leaders during the elections.
"I compliment our security agencies who were involved in this process. India`s internal security has been of key concern to all, particularly to the BJP," he told reporters here after opening of the BJP`s media center.
"India cannot afford to lower its guard. The threat comes from groups across the border which are supported by both State and non-State actors," Jaitley said.
Meanwhile, in his blog, Jaitley said "within the Kashmir valley, our approach has to be guided by twin considerations of no concession to the separatists and the sense of concern and compassion of the average Kashmiri".
"Their quality of life has to be improved and the areas where they feel harassed will have to be addressed," he said.
"In a fight against separatism, the people of Kashmir valley should be our important allies. Issues of their alienation will have to be addressed without compromising on the basic tenets of our ideology," Jaitley said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore