Arun Jaitley, Karan Singh, Sharad Yadav best Parliamentarians
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley, Congress veteran Karan Singh and JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav have been selected for the `Outstanding Parliamentarian Award`, it was officially announced on Wednesday.
Jaitley, who is Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha, gets the award for the year 2010, Karan Singh for 2011 and Sharad Yadav for 2012.
Jaitley and Singh are members of the Upper House from Gujarat and Delhi, respectively, while Yadav is a Lok Sabha member from Madhepura, Bihar.
The Indian Parliamentary Group had instituted the award in 1994 which is conferred each year.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar had constituted an Award Committee to select the member for the award for the three years.
The Executive Committee of the Indian Parliamentary Group unanimously accepted the recommendation of the Award Committee at its meeting held today.
The awards will be conferred at a function later, the statement said.
The Award is conferred each year on an Outstanding Parliamentarian recommended by the Committee and approved by the Executive Committee of the Indian Parliamentary Group since 1995.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'