Arun Jaitley, Karan Singh, Sharad Yadav best Parliamentarians
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley, Congress veteran Karan Singh and JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav have been selected for the `Outstanding Parliamentarian Award`, it was officially announced on Wednesday.
Jaitley, who is Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha, gets the award for the year 2010, Karan Singh for 2011 and Sharad Yadav for 2012.
Jaitley and Singh are members of the Upper House from Gujarat and Delhi, respectively, while Yadav is a Lok Sabha member from Madhepura, Bihar.
The Indian Parliamentary Group had instituted the award in 1994 which is conferred each year.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar had constituted an Award Committee to select the member for the award for the three years.
The Executive Committee of the Indian Parliamentary Group unanimously accepted the recommendation of the Award Committee at its meeting held today.
The awards will be conferred at a function later, the statement said.
The Award is conferred each year on an Outstanding Parliamentarian recommended by the Committee and approved by the Executive Committee of the Indian Parliamentary Group since 1995.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?