Arun Jaitley, Karan Singh, Sharad Yadav best Parliamentarians
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley, Congress veteran Karan Singh and JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav have been selected for the `Outstanding Parliamentarian Award`, it was officially announced on Wednesday.
Jaitley, who is Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha, gets the award for the year 2010, Karan Singh for 2011 and Sharad Yadav for 2012.
Jaitley and Singh are members of the Upper House from Gujarat and Delhi, respectively, while Yadav is a Lok Sabha member from Madhepura, Bihar.
The Indian Parliamentary Group had instituted the award in 1994 which is conferred each year.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar had constituted an Award Committee to select the member for the award for the three years.
The Executive Committee of the Indian Parliamentary Group unanimously accepted the recommendation of the Award Committee at its meeting held today.
The awards will be conferred at a function later, the statement said.
The Award is conferred each year on an Outstanding Parliamentarian recommended by the Committee and approved by the Executive Committee of the Indian Parliamentary Group since 1995.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest