Arun Jaitley says Congress has already lost fight, squeezed out
Pune: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Arun Jaitley in a speech during the release of the book called `Modinama` which is based on BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Saturday said that the Congress has already lost its fight.
"In the last 3-4 months I have realised that Congress has lost the will to fight. They are being squeezed out of the contest," said Jaitley.
He further said that Modi was the ideal person for what a leader should be like.
"Modi is the ideal leader for the country. There was a blast in Patna rally sometime back and even then people did not leave to hear Modi speak, that`s called leadership," he said.
"Modi has shown courage and conviction in the face of hostility meted out to him by the media and other parties," he added.
In his third ever address to the media during his 10 years as Prime Minister, Dr. Singh said that if BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi ever becomes the PM, it would be a disaster for the country.
At the same time, he also indicated that he was not in the running for a third term as Prime Minister, but did not comment on whether Rahul Gandhi would be the prime ministerial candidate for the Congress or not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Vanessa Paradis writes letter defending former partner Johnny Depp?
- Delhi: Africans thrash Ola cabbie for refusing to carry extra passengers
- New Horizons' best close-up of Pluto's surface – Watch!
- SoftBank's investments in India may surpass $10 billion
- Jaitley to 'take India story forward' with Japanese investors