Arun Jaitley says Congress has already lost fight, squeezed out
Pune: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Arun Jaitley in a speech during the release of the book called `Modinama` which is based on BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Saturday said that the Congress has already lost its fight.
"In the last 3-4 months I have realised that Congress has lost the will to fight. They are being squeezed out of the contest," said Jaitley.
He further said that Modi was the ideal person for what a leader should be like.
"Modi is the ideal leader for the country. There was a blast in Patna rally sometime back and even then people did not leave to hear Modi speak, that`s called leadership," he said.
"Modi has shown courage and conviction in the face of hostility meted out to him by the media and other parties," he added.
In his third ever address to the media during his 10 years as Prime Minister, Dr. Singh said that if BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi ever becomes the PM, it would be a disaster for the country.
At the same time, he also indicated that he was not in the running for a third term as Prime Minister, but did not comment on whether Rahul Gandhi would be the prime ministerial candidate for the Congress or not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt