Arun Jaitley, Sharad Yadav to get outstanding parliamentarian award
New Delhi: BJP leader Arun Jaitley, Congress MP Karan Singh and JD(U) MP Sharad Yadav will be conferred the Outstanding Parliamentarian Award at a function here on May 9.
President Pranab Mukherjee will present the awards in the Central Hall of Parliament in the presence of Vice President Hamid Ansari, who is also the Chairman of Rajya Sabha.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will also be present at the function.
While Jaitley, who is the Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, will get the award for 2010, Singh is the recipient for 2011 and Yadav for 2012.
As part of celebrations to mark the 60th Anniversary of the Parliament, which come to a close on May 12, it has been decided to felicitate two members of first Lok Sabha - Kamal Singh and Surya Prasad - on the same day as they could not attend the function last year, a Lok Sabha bulletin said.
The Indian Parliamentary Group had instituted the Outstanding Parliamentarian Award in the year 1994. The award is conferred each year on an outstanding parliamentarian recommended by the award committee and approved by the executive committee of the Indian Parliamentary Group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress