Arun Jaitley to meet three service chiefs
New Delhi: Defence Minister Arun Jaitley will hold a meeting on Tuesday with the three service chiefs to discuss the security environment in and around the country against the backdrop of continuing ceasefire violations by Pakistan.
The Minister is expected to discuss the steps required to be taken by the forces to tackle the situation along the Line of Control (LoC) and the International Border, Defence Ministry officials said.
The Defence Minister is also likely to be briefed by the three services on the various infrastructure development projects along the border with China.
There have been 95 ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the Line of Control and it has also breached the ceasefire pact 25 times on the International Border.
Jaitley has stated that India has been responding effectively and strongly to the ceasefire violations by Pakistan side.
India has also further strengthened its counter infiltration grid to tackle any attempt by Pakistan to push in militants during the ceasefire violations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal