Arun Jaitley to meet three service chiefs
New Delhi: Defence Minister Arun Jaitley will hold a meeting on Tuesday with the three service chiefs to discuss the security environment in and around the country against the backdrop of continuing ceasefire violations by Pakistan.
The Minister is expected to discuss the steps required to be taken by the forces to tackle the situation along the Line of Control (LoC) and the International Border, Defence Ministry officials said.
The Defence Minister is also likely to be briefed by the three services on the various infrastructure development projects along the border with China.
There have been 95 ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the Line of Control and it has also breached the ceasefire pact 25 times on the International Border.
Jaitley has stated that India has been responding effectively and strongly to the ceasefire violations by Pakistan side.
India has also further strengthened its counter infiltration grid to tackle any attempt by Pakistan to push in militants during the ceasefire violations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Box Office report of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Randeep Hooda starrer 'Sarbjit'
- So you think you know English perfectly? Try this quiz
- Congress move to corner Amitabh Bachchan ''utter hypocrisy'': Subramanian Swamy
- India, China should resolve issues through political acumen: Pranab Mukherjee
- Ex-Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi convoy attacked, police van set on fire near Gaya