Arun Jaitley to meet three service chiefs
New Delhi: Defence Minister Arun Jaitley will hold a meeting on Tuesday with the three service chiefs to discuss the security environment in and around the country against the backdrop of continuing ceasefire violations by Pakistan.
The Minister is expected to discuss the steps required to be taken by the forces to tackle the situation along the Line of Control (LoC) and the International Border, Defence Ministry officials said.
The Defence Minister is also likely to be briefed by the three services on the various infrastructure development projects along the border with China.
There have been 95 ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the Line of Control and it has also breached the ceasefire pact 25 times on the International Border.
Jaitley has stated that India has been responding effectively and strongly to the ceasefire violations by Pakistan side.
India has also further strengthened its counter infiltration grid to tackle any attempt by Pakistan to push in militants during the ceasefire violations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video