Aruna Roy meets Anna Hazare
New Delhi: NAC member Aruna Roy, who had
criticised Anna Hazare`s protest on Lokpal Bill, on Wednesday met the
Gandhian at Ramlila Maidan where he is on an indefinite fast.
Roy and her associates met Hazare at Ramlila Maidan here
this morning, a day after Team Anna and government initiated
talks to break the deadlock over Lokpal Bill.
"We are concerned about Anna. We have old links with
him," Roy told reporters here.
Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan said Roy is a
well-wisher of Hazare and had come to meet him.
This is Roy`s first meeting with Hazare after the
Gandhian began his indefinite fast.
Last Saturday, Roy had criticised Hazare for "deriding"
democratic institutions and alleged that he was "ill-advised".
Referring to Hazare camp`s assertion that sending the
government Lokpal Bill to Standing Committee as a waste of
time, Roy had said such committees are an important
institution and one should use it as much as possible.
In an apparent reference to Hazare setting a deadline
to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill, she had said, "I think Annaji is
ill-advised...any who says my view should be the only view is
The National Campaign for People`s Right to Information
(NCPRI), with which Roy is associated, has prepared a version
of Lokpal Bill and presented it before the Parliamentary
Standing Committee on Law and Justice and Personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing