Aruna Roy meets Anna Hazare
New Delhi: NAC member Aruna Roy, who had
criticised Anna Hazare`s protest on Lokpal Bill, on Wednesday met the
Gandhian at Ramlila Maidan where he is on an indefinite fast.
Roy and her associates met Hazare at Ramlila Maidan here
this morning, a day after Team Anna and government initiated
talks to break the deadlock over Lokpal Bill.
"We are concerned about Anna. We have old links with
him," Roy told reporters here.
Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan said Roy is a
well-wisher of Hazare and had come to meet him.
This is Roy`s first meeting with Hazare after the
Gandhian began his indefinite fast.
Last Saturday, Roy had criticised Hazare for "deriding"
democratic institutions and alleged that he was "ill-advised".
Referring to Hazare camp`s assertion that sending the
government Lokpal Bill to Standing Committee as a waste of
time, Roy had said such committees are an important
institution and one should use it as much as possible.
In an apparent reference to Hazare setting a deadline
to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill, she had said, "I think Annaji is
ill-advised...any who says my view should be the only view is
The National Campaign for People`s Right to Information
(NCPRI), with which Roy is associated, has prepared a version
of Lokpal Bill and presented it before the Parliamentary
Standing Committee on Law and Justice and Personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in