Arunachal an integral part of India: Dorjee Khandu
Itanagar: Majority of people in Arunachal
Pradesh speak Hindi which proves that the border state is an
integral part of India, Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu told the
state assembly today.
"Most Arunachalees speak Hindi fluently and Arunachal is
one of the Hindi speaking states in the country. This is the
proof that Arunachal Pradesh is an integral part of India,"
Khandu said in replying to a debate on a motion of thanks to
Governor Gen (retd) J J Singh for his address to the house.
He said his government is grateful to the Prime Minister
and Congress president Sonia Gandhi for the Rs 24,000 crore
package for the development of the border state.
Earlier, leader of the Trinamool Congress legislator
party Laeta Umbrey said the government should make it clear
that Arunachal is non-negotiable during any border talk with
China as we do on the question of Jammu and Kashmir while
dealing with Pakistan.
Umbrey, a former Lok Sabha member, asked why the centre
kept mum when the Chinese ambassador told an Indian news
channel that Arunachal is Chinese territory. "Why steps were
not taken against airing such an interview taken on the soil
of India?," he asked.
BJP legislative party leader Taniyo Taga said wrong
policy on country`s defence resulted in backwardness of the
border state and the centre should give more funds to
Arunachal to make up deficiencies in defence infrastructures
on its border.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview