Arunachal `missing` from Maharashtra Board textbooks!
Mumbai: For lakhs of 10th class students in Maharashtra, Arunachal Pradesh is not a part of the country, as the north-eastern state is reportedly "missing" from the map in their geography textbooks.
Taking a serious note of the lapse, the state government today sought clarification from the chairman of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, asking him to explain the factors contributing to the goof-up.
"I have sought a clarification from the Board chairman and asked him to explain (the printing mistake)," Minister for School Education Rajendra Darda said.
The minister`s statement came after reports about the north-eastern state being missing in the map and the area also shown as part of Chinese territory, in textbooks printed by the state press, Balbharti.
"The SSC Board is an autonomous body," the minister said. The geography textbooks are meant for Class 10th students affiliated to the Maharashtra state board.
Board chairman S Jadhav was unavailable for comment on how the wrong map made its way into the textbook and who vetted the controversial content.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'
- Vijay Mallya's loan default case: DRT to resume hearing on UBHL's plea countering banks
- German bar attacker Syrian, had psychiatric problems
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies